3D Character Artist (Senior)
We’re looking for a senior character artist who will be responsible for all aspects of character creation and work with a team of talented individuals on making Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass.
This position is available for on-site and remote applicants.
- Developing high detail, photorealistic 3D models (humanoid characters and other creatures, including faces, hair, armor, and weapons)
- Creating clean, low-resolution game topology and UV’s
- Developing game-ready assets to match concept, photo reference, art direction, etc.
- Creating textures and next-gen materials for use in-game engine
- Exporting models and textures into an in-house engine (Serious Engine 4.x) and making sure they work correctly, touching-up textures after engine integration to optimize quality
- Working closely with the animation team and other artists to bring the characters to life
- Cleaning up scanned data
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with creating character / organic models (modeling and texturing)
- Proficiency in Zbrush or Mudbox
- Understanding of human and animal anatomy and clothing and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure and silhouette in regards to modeling
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Up to date with the latest 3D trends
- Good English communication skills (both written and spoken)
- Good judgment on when to make it perfect and when to compromise
- Passion about art and video games, and eagerness to grow
- Proficiency in one or more texturing software (Quixel, Substance Painter/Designer)
- Skills in one or more 3D modeling software (Blender, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya)
- Skills in hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- Baking pipeline and rendering experience
- Character concept art skills
- Previous experience in a 3D Artist role in the video game industry or TV/ film
- Experience with game engines
- Skinning, rigging and animating skills
- Traditional sculpting, drawing or painting skills
- Understanding of the visual style of Croteam games and a passion to push it to the next level
- On-site work in Zagreb
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Apply by sending your CV and portfolio* via this application form by February 19th, 2019 at the latest.
(Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.)
About the Company
You might know us as the creative force behind the iconic Serious Sam, a series of fast-paced, gun-toting, first-person action shooting games. We also made The Talos Principle, a slow-burning philosophical cerebral puzzle game, with no shooting at all.
Entirely different in nature, but equally commercially successful and critically acclaimed, these games went on to conquer the top-selling charts on every hardware platform imaginable, including the toaster*, using the power and scalability of our in-house Serious Engine.
If you're serious about joining us for our next big thing, let's talk!
*toaster not really included on that list.