Concept Artist (Hard Surface)
We’re looking for a Concept Artist passionate about everything hard surface – vehicles, weapons, props, etc. You will leverage your in-depth knowledge of and interest for mechanics and functionality to create strikingly realistic new assets, where wear and scratches are placed in the right place and at the right amount. In collaborating with developers, you will ensure your assets are designed well both artistically and for gameplay.
Skills & Requirements
- You excel at realism and have a strong understanding of scale, proportion, and surface properties
- You master relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance, Zbrush
- You love making and playing games
- Ideally you have already shipped a AAA game
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
At Bongfish, developers help craft incredible games that combine state-of-the-art technology with deep gameplay. With a high-tech approach to game development, the company has more than 10 years of experience working with some of the top game publishers in the industry on console, mobile and PC platforms. Bongfish is the biggest game developer in Austria, with 80 developers.
WHY JOIN US?
- You might not know it because we don't advertise much, but we offer a stable work environment while working on AAA games played by millions.
- When we ask our team what they like most here, they say: their colleagues, the culture and work conditions, their role and living their passion for games - is this something you can relate to?
- We care about each other, which means we offer work-life balance, the opportunity to develop, and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- Our team is composed of 15 different nationalities, so English is our main language in the office.
- We share a straightforward mindset: be pragmatic, focus on the goal, and keep cool.
- Our HQ is situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps, with an extraordinary high quality of life.