Brown Bag Films’ 2D Animation Studio in Manchester is recruiting for the position of Lead Compositor. Working in a busy creative environment, the successful candidate will work on an international TV Series, helping to manage a team of Compositors and reporting to the Compositing Supervisor. The series is being created in Toon Boom Harmony.
- Bringing your own creative energy to the work while leading a team of artists to maintain continuity of the overall show style.
- Adding effects, camera moves and problem-solving technical issues within shots in the Compositing department.
- Effectively communicating and collaborating with other production departments.
- Working closely with Compositing Supervisor to maintain a high standard of quality control across an episode and meet the director's requirements.
- Ensuring you and your team's compositing output functions effectively within BBF’s internal shot pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of experience in After Effects with previous work experience in broadcast animation.
- Knowledge of 3rd party After Effects plugins and Photoshop (an understanding of Toon Boom Harmony, Fusion, 3D software or Shotgun a bonus)
- An excellent artistic ‘eye’ with a solid understanding of animation principles, shot composi-tion, light and colour.
- Must be able to communicate in an articulate and positive manner.
- Must able to take direction and translate that into practical solutions for compositing.
- Must be able to work effectively both as a leader and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and stay calm under pressure
Please, note that this opportunity is open to current residents of the UK who have the right to work in the UK and we will also consider those who wish to apply who are currently resident outside of the UK. All offers are subject to successfully obtaining the right to work status in the UK.
How to Apply
You can apply here
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios and is part of the 9 Story Media Group, with locations in Toronto, Dublin, Manchester, New York and Bali.
Making stand out/exceptional content for kids is at the heart of everything we do, and our bar is always set to “excellent” when it comes to the quality of our work. Our studios are highly collaborative spaces, where mentoring and on the job training is built into our daily practices. Our team members benefit from competitive compensation packages, working on award-winning 2D and 3D content, a thriving work culture and maybe too much cake!
We recently celebrated Brown Bag Films Dublin's 25th Birthday!
See how we've grown.....