Senior Technical Artist - VR [Unannounced Project] (f/m/d)
We are creating a brand-new team to work on an unannounced AAA VR project. You will work on cutting-edge VR technology, on one of Ubisoft’s great IP’s, developed across multiple studios. Join us today to shape the future of VR!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist (f/m/d) who will be responsible for developing, supporting and documenting our art pipeline and techniques used by art, technical art and animation teams.
This is a full-time position based in Düsseldorf, Germany which requires working onsite.
- Develop new and improve existing tools.
- Problem-solving for key production issues.
- Recognizing inefficiencies and pipeline issues and identifies solutions.
- Guide/Coordinate Art teams on demanding tasks
- Enabling other team members to achieve tasks in an efficient & consistent manner
- Creation & maintenance of documentation for Technical Art features and tools to provide for the team.
- Developing tools & scripts for Maya, MotionBuilder, 3DMax, Photoshop, Substance Designer and other 3D/2D packages and in-house tools.
Skills & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of the following: Python, C# (C++, Java a plus)
- Deep knowledge of Maya and/or MotionBuilder, 3DMax (Photoshop, Substance Designer, Houdini a plus)
- Strong Knowledge of 3D engines
- Knowledge of tools used in the parametric creation of nodes
- Experience working on shipped AAA titles for consoles and/or pcs, as Senior Technical Artist.
- Perfect understanding of traditional and of physically based rendering (PBR) pipeline
- Shader writing or shader building skills
- Rigging experience is always a plus
- Familiarity with the creation of user-friendly tools/systems
- Perfect understanding of art optimization techniques
- Experience and understanding of art/animation pipelines for game engines
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges
- Experience in video-game production as Technical Artist (minimum 5 years)
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Strong organisational skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Scripts or application examples, code samples
- Examples of rigs, visual effects, animation, procedural visualization
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft is present in 28 countries and has sales in 55 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers.
We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "Far Cry", “For Honor", "Skull & Bones", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.