Sr. Character Artist
Skydance Interactive known for Archangel, a futuristic mech combat game in virtual reality and PWND, a high-flying, pulse-pounding, multiplayer rocket arena shooter is looking for a talented Senior Character Artist to join our small knit studio. Our ideal candidate will be well-versed in all aspects of character modeling development and will serve as a mentor to other artist. We believe that a small, focused, and dedicated team of talented people can create exceptional games.
Skills & Requirements
- Sculpt high-resolution characters and assets. Including clean game topology, UV’s and textures
- Work closely with the Art Director and concept artists to set and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Ensure the character models are consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- Participate in R&D efforts to develop new techniques and improve the art pipeline
- Work collaboratively with other artists, designers and engineers on a daily basis
- Work independently or in small groups to troubleshoot and provide solutions to production issues related to asset creation and migration across platforms
- 4+ years experience in the game industry and at least one shipped title as a Senior Character Artist
- Proficiency in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop skills
- Proficiency in technical troubleshooting and meeting aggressive performance targets
- Strong understanding of anatomy, facial anatomy and how it applies to facial animation
- Experienced with PBR engines like idTech, CryEngine, Unreal, or Unity
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Familiarity with asset tracking and issue tracking tools such as Perforce and JIRA a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine strongly preferred
- Experience with both console and PC environment art creation, a plus
- Experience working on projects in VR, a plus
- Experience managing other artists, a plus
- Traditional art skills (figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective, etc.), a plus
- BA, BFA or an equivalent professional certification, a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
All applicants must submit work samples in order to be considered
How to Apply
Link to portfolio or demo reel required
About the Company
Skydance Interactive, known for Archangel, a futuristic mech combat game in virtual reality and PWND, a high-flying, pulse-pounding, multi-player rocket arena shooter, is now bringing the iconic phenomenon of The Walking Dead to the VR realm and is looking for new talent to join their team.
Skydance Interactive creates and publishes original and IP-based interactive titles for PC, console, and leading VR hardware, releasing AAA-quality experiences that give player’s immersive agency in 3D worlds. A subsidiary of Skydance Media, the division was founded in 2016 by acquisition of The Workshop (“Gears of War 4,” “XCOM 2” for PS4/Xbox One and “Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage.”), a leading outsource studio that has worked on top franchises and is rooted in genre-defining games. Skydance Interactive has roughly 100 developers and is based in Marina Del Rey, CA.