Lead Rigging TD
Axis Animation is looking for a LEAD RIGGING TD for both next generation game cinematics and commercials projects, who will be responsible for developing realistic skeletal rigs and skinning, for full time and project positions.
Key aspects of the role include being able to assess the work being done on rigs by other riggers and to give relevant and accurate feedback where required in order to maintain quality of characters across the board.
There is also an expectation for the Lead to be actively involved in conjunction with the Supervisor, in advancing the general work standards of the studio.
The role also requires close liason with Rigging Supervisor to assess upcoming project requirements and also with other departmental leads to ensure character assets adhere to quality and technical specifications.
Please note all applicants at time of application must have full working rights for the UK and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props.
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner.
- Work with senior TD’s to develop and integrate tools into a robust pipeline.
THE LEAD RIGGER HAS EXTRA RESPONSIBILITIES PER PROJECT INCLUDING
- Be responsible for the Rigging team allocated to the project.
- Review the work of the Rigging team working on the project.
- Set tasks for the rigging team working on the project.
- Communicate with production and other departments working on the project.
- Report to the Rigging Supervisor the progression of the project.
Skills & Requirements
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and be able to work interactively with modelers to resolve challenges.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Good MEL scripting, Python scripting skills.
- Experience with Marvelous Designer, cloth, muscles and dynamics are a plus.
- Maya API, C++ skills are a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Senior Rigger and at least 1 year as a Lead Rigger.
- Strong production experience on game cinematics, VFX and realistic character is preferable.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded in 2000, Axis is an award-winning, international studio of directors, designers, artists, animators, writers and producers that creates content for the biggest names in video games, film, television, commercials and online entertainment.
As a creative team we go out of our way to get under the skin of every project and deliver beyond client expectations. We are passionate about our craft, and we challenge ourselves to leave a lasting impression with every piece of work.
No matter the client, brand, genre or delivery platform, our creative output is distinctive, engaging and entertaining.
Accordingly Axis has won numerous industry accolades, including: a prestigious Cannes Gold Lions Award, New York Festival Awards, D&AD nominations, London International Awards, Promax Awards and a Best Animation BAFTA.
In 2014, Axis were proud to receive the Queen's Award for Enterprise, a highly prestigious honour bestowed by Her Majesty The Queen only to businesses that display the highest levels of excellence.