Bluepoint Games is looking for VFX ARTISTs to join our team. Help bring our content to life, creating industry leading visual effects at industry leading performance on the most advanced home consoles.
Please note: Accomplished professional experience is preferred, but exceptional academic achievement will be considered.
Learn and master a proprietary game effects engine and its pipeline
Recreate existing particle effects to a higher level of quality
Create higher quality texture maps inspired by a reference from beautiful concept paintings to lower-resolution source images using tools such as Photoshop, Houdini, FumeFX, Maya, 3DMax or Substance
Integrate next gen material techniques
Create high-quality next generation effects models inspired by lower-resolution geometry
- Maintain original game VFX functionality while creating stunning visuals
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience in the game development industry with at least one shipped title or exceptional academic achievements
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive - Seek information to solve issues from all areas of game development on your own
- Documentation and organization. Follow established name schemes and document new processes that you create or use on a daily basis
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, Cryengine, Popcorn FX, ID Tech or proprietary game engine effect tools
- Proficiency with Photoshop for texture generation
- Proficiency with Houdini/FumeFX/ Maya fluids to create textures for fire/explosions/ liquids/magic atlas textures
- Knowledge of Maya or Houdini Dynamics tools
- A portfolio or reel reflecting high-quality VFX
- Able to work onsite at our facility in Austin, TX
The ideal candidate shall also have:
- Strong understanding of game workflows and pipelines
- Knowledge of current generation AAA games and their special effects
- Knowledge of tools and pipelines used by current high-end game companies for special effects
- Ability to concept special effects in high-end programs for visualization and implementation purposes
- Knowledge of Havok
- Ideas of how to improve existing special effects processes
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements specified above and you feel the potential calling you, please email your resume and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “VFX ARTIST” and your full name and in the subject line.
If you currently reside outside of the US, please state whether you are legally authorized to work in the US.
About the Company
Our team at Bluepoint Games is pushing further in remaking another classic. Want to be part of recreating something special, a game millions of gamers loved and eagerly anticipate?
Bluepoint Games is a mid-sized studio with AAA aspirations, always welcoming elite game development talent to our family. If you also stand for the industry-leading quality and attention to detail expected from us, then join us in remaking classic games fans want to play, ensuring they look and feel as good as fans remember them.
Since inception in 2006, Bluepoint Games has had the privilege to revitalize many critically acclaimed franchises: God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid, Flower, Gravity Rush, Titanfall, Uncharted, and again on our latest, unannounced projects.
For these reasons and many others - the Hill Country, lakes, and live music; an inspired university town with a thriving high-tech industry and creative community - we proudly call Austin home. Much of our staff originates from out of state and now they love it here. We're confident you'll love it here, too!