Senior Environment Artist
PUBG Corp. is the developer and publisher of the blockbuster battle royale video game, PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG). Since its release, PUBG has received worldwide acclaim, selling tens of millions of copies and winning multiple game awards worldwide. Headquartered in Korea, PUBG Corp. has operational offices globally across North America, Europe, Japan, China, and Southeast Asia.
Our Madison, WI office is seeking a Senior Environment Engineer to develop our game by working closely with the Madison & Seoul, South Korean engineering team. Madison is a small, multi-disciplinary team pioneering maps, modes, and experiences for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, including our latest seasonal offering "Karakin".
Skills & Requirements
- Create beautiful, functional, and optimal assets and environment art for our levels
- Define and develop asset lists based on art direction and budgetary limits
- Collaborate effectively with art direction and design to preserve their vision, from grey blocks to completion
- Use your experience to find creative and technically-sound ways to raise the quality of our art and workflows
- Work effectively with all members of the team, sharing development knowledge and developing best practices, and mentoring more junior developers.
- Six (6) or more years of demonstrated experience creating game-ready assets
- Extensive knowledge of 3dsMax or Maya and Substance Painter and Designer
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Zbrush, SpeedTree, Marvelous Designer, or World Machine is a plus
- Deep understanding of composition, color theory and lighting.
- Great knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Ability to take direction well and provide constructive and well-articulated feedback to improve art quality
- Competitive compensation
- 100% family coverage of medical, dental, vision insurance
- Competitive amount of Paid Time Off for all employees
- 401K match, covered life insurance
- Video Game Budget of $300/year
- Tasty catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free parking downtown Madison, WI
- Lots of PUBG Swag including Loot Box drops, free PUBG play on Steam & monthly PUBG company rumbles
- Team outings and events throughout the year
Please send a copy of your resume and a link to a portfolio website of your professional work.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply directly on our website.
About the Company
As we turn our focus to the long term growth of PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, it becomes paramount to attract top-tier game developers interested in building a career here at PUBG Corporation. 2 years ago, we established our first North American office in Madison, Wisconsin, the long-time game development hub of the Midwest.
Home to the University of Wisconsin, Madison is a vibrant and cosmopolitan community with an incredible quality of life, a low cost of living, and a great public school system. Boasting one of the countries' largest farmers' markets, it has excellent dining and world-class breweries. Annually ranked as one of the "Best Places to Live" in the US, It is proximal to Milwaukee and Chicago, and close to many outdoor activities.
We have a beautiful office, directly on the Capital Square, providing for short commutes from all over the city and surrounding areas. Our new office provides a stunning private terrace, underground parking, and an amazing location near the best restaurants and night-life the city has to offer.