Senor Artist/Animator, Presentation
The Senior Artist/Animator, Presentation creates and polishes real-time camerawork and gameplay animations for interactive/procedural cinematics and camera systems. Candidate will have a passion creating outstanding work product and an ability to move quickly and collaborate within a strike team environment. In addition to creating cameras and animations, the employee will be responsible for the implementation and trouble-shooting of the systems and content they create. They will be using standard and proprietary tools and will be expected to ultimately learn to take things from the approved design/previs all the way into a polished state in the game engine.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years working in the industry in roles that range in camera animation, character animation, design and technical art areas.
- Experience with creating cinematics/cutscenes is a plus, but not a requirement
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 year’s experience with industry standard 3-D animation package (3D Studio Max, Motion Builder, and Maya)
- Mentality for creative problem solving.
- Aptitude and passion for visual storytelling and emotional connection to game characters.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technology and complex pipelines.
- Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
- Ability to work in the game engine and tools, playing the game frequently and producing results.
- Must be able to embrace the established art and design vision of the game and ensure it is delivered in its entirety at the end of the project.
- Excellent ability to self-manage to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Able to work well within a team: willingness to give and receive feedback, and the ability to embrace change; ability to collaborate productively with others.
- Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
- Excellent ability to self manage and accurately predict and adhere to task length estimates and deadlines.
- Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas both written and verbally
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: Senor Artist/Animator, Presentation
About the Company
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title - all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That's where you come in - for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!