Senior 3D Artist
Immersive VR Education are one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios. Currently developing multiple IP for leading educational institutes on a wide range of platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, GearVR, Google DayDream and PlayStation VR. The company has won multiple awards for their work on Apollo 11 VR, Titanic VR and their ENGAGE virtual reality education platform. If you are looking for a unique challenge and a career in virtual & augmented reality working with bleeding edge technology then this is your opportunity. We are seeking people with vision and drive who are not afraid to back big ideas and make them a reality. The digital world is changing let’s shape that world together.
As VR Education’s Senior Environment Artist, you will be responsible for furnishing the game world with props, objects and life. From production of assets for key scenes to normal mapped textures for use by Level Designers, you will have a varied and challenging role in our game’s development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain 3D prop and modular assets
- Create and maintain texture library
- Work with the Art team to maintain consistency through the game world
- Work with the Design team to ensure gameflow is optimal around assets
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years industry experience working with Unity or other game frameworks
- Demonstrable experience at creating Environment Art either commercially or on a completed mod with multiple releases
- Experience in production of textures for foliage
- Experience in photo realistic texture creation including diffuse, specular and bump maps
- A great eye for detail and a natural flair for composition and colour
- Strong traditional art skills
- Expert knowlage with 3D modelling packages such as Maya or 3D Studio Max
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Good written and verbal English skills
Good to have
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in production of procedural textures
Job Type: Full-time
- 20 days holidays
- Flights, rental deposit and first months rent paid for people moving from outside Ireland
- No weekend work
- Employee medical scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Training and upskilling programme
- Employee bike to work scheme
- Free unlimited snacks, fruit, coffee and tea in canteen
- Short commute to work (15 minutes maximum if living in the city)
- Low cost living as typical 2-bedroom city apartment in the city costs €750 per month
Working with a kick ass team of experienced and awarding winning developers on showcase projects.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com
About the Company
VR Education Holdings PLC is a multi-award-winning virtual/augmented reality (‘VR/AR’) software firm dedicated to changing how educational content and corporate training are provided and consumed globally.
VR Education Holdings PLC is well known for their showcase experiences such as Apollo 11 VR, Titanic VR, ER VR Medical, and Berlin Blitz, however, the core focus of the business is the ENGAGE virtual reality education and corporate training platform. ENGAGEallows educators, third-party developers, and corporate trainers to create and share their own content within the ENGAGE publishing platform.
Dual listed on the London Stock Exchange AIM and Irish Stock Exchange ESM, VR Education is at the forefront of virtual and augmented reality in the education and simulated training space.