Lead Technical Artist
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Artist, having served as a lead on a number of shipped titles. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows that scale well, and can support multiple projects.
- Develop architecturally sound systems at the core of our Art and Design production pipelines, capable of supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead by example, assembling solutions and demonstrating solid development practices
- Identify weak points in existing pipelines and work with other disciplines to find the most practical resolution
- Provide support and training to users while mentoring other members of the Technical Art team
- Work with Art, Design and Engineering to develop technical guidelines so developers can meet established performance requirements
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
Skills & Requirements
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- 5+ years relevant industry experience – some of this in a leadership role
- Experience developing and maintaining systems used in game production
- Solid understanding of contemporary graphics capabilities and processes
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- MMO or GaaS experience
- Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
- Working with and supporting outsourcing providers
- Linear algebra
- Interest in development patterns
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please email your resume/CV and, if applicable, url to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Founded in 2007, ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS was established to take the legendary Elder Scrolls franchise online. Since then, we’ve attracted and developed internally some of the most talented individuals in the industry, and we work to foster a collaborative, encouraging, and open working environment while developing our current and future projects.