Lead Level Artist
Dhruva is looking for a Lead Level Artist to join our exciting team in Bangalore, India.
As a Lead Level Artist you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Level Artists to produce consistent high-quality Game levels on a variety of projects.
- Visually responsible for the in-engine level creation.
- Work closely with Level Designers and the Art Director, as well as other departments to drive levels to a consistent high quality, both visually and technically.
- Be part of recruitment, to build up a strong Level Art Team at Dhruva
- Establishing quality benchmarks.
- Skill building and mentoring for the Level Art Team.
- Contributing to the creation and constant improvement of pipelines and processes.
- Accurately break down, estimates and help planning the work for the team.
Skills & Requirements
You should have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in video games with atleast 2 shipped AAA games as a Senior or Lead Level Artist. You must have a portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic background, deep understanding of normal map creation. You should have strong communication and mentoring skills.
- Hard-core player, strong passion on game industry and AAA projects
- Expert knowledge of Unreal engine 4. In-depth knowledge of additional Game Engines is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the fundamentals of Level Art: Composition, Colour, Rhythm, Visual Story Telling and Gameplay implications.
- Strong ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines as well as new tools and engines
- Core knowledge of industry leading 3D modelling packages
- Understanding of tools, techniques, best practices and technical limitations related to real-time environment creation.
You must include a portfolio/showreel (or link to a portfolio/showreel) for us to review your works. Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Incorporated in 1997, Dhruva Interactive is India’s oldest gaming firm, providing content creation services to the video gaming industry. Offering a full range of services across art, animation and VFX, Dhruva works with most developers and publishers in the world, helping create incredibly high-quality experiences.
We believe in crafting lasting, long term relationships with AAA game developers to provide the highest quality content - be it concepts, levels, characters, props, vehicles, in-game content integration and building full levels, spanning all genres and art styles. Known for our quality and partnership oriented approach, Dhruva is not only one of the most reputed companies in its space, but one of the most trusted, and therefore the largest in India. Our 350 man team has helped bring titles such as the Forza series, Halo 5: Guardians, Days Gone, Prey, Sea of Thieves, Spiderman PS4, Alien Isolation, Quantum Break and many other 100+ blockbuster titles, over the past 20 years.