Lead VFX Artist
We are looking for a talented Lead VFX Artist to help us build world class effects for an exciting new project. Our ideal candidate should exhibit both technical skill and artistic talent, and have a passion for creative problem solving. As Lead VFX Artist at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and oversee the implementation of exciting gameplay features, manage the VFX team and collaborate with the Art and Creative Directors to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
Responsibilities at a glance
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create a technically sound, engaging and memorable game
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve game-play choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
- Manage the VFX team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
- Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of game-play and environmental effects
Skills & Requirements
Essential skills and experience
- Must have worked on at least 2 published titles as a VFX artist.
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology.
- Needs to be proficient in Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal editor (or similar).
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback.
- Exceptional ability in optimizing VFX to run at the speed and fidelity needed by multiplayer shooter games while looking great.
- The desire to collaborate with game designers, programmers and artists
- A keen motive to be proactive and efficient in work methods whilst maintaining high standards
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving skills
Preferred skills and experience
- Management of an experienced VFX team
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://careers.splashdamage.com/job/934127?gh_jid=934127
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.