UI Artist [Unannounced VR Project] (361)
Independently deliver high quality assets, features and experiences from an ergonomic, aesthetic and technical perspective within the constraints of the project.
- Complete assigned tasks autonomously through any stages of the production process from conception through to final sign off;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stake holders to develop feature direction and consistency of work;
- Collaborate effectively with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to produce features and assets;
- Implement optimal functionality and usability of assigned features and help suggest methods to verify success;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Play an active role in the sign off process, including being self-critical and providing suitable feedback;
- Creatively apply the project UI art direction and ensure consistency throughout the work;
- Produce well optimised assets in line with technical requirements and conventions;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Support the Lead UI Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong graphics design skills (e.g. design, layout and typography etc.);
- Strong interest in current trends in visual communication;
- Good motion graphics skills;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Strong knowledge of industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects etc.);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes;
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines.
- 2 - 3 years’ minimum experience within UI Art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience with 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.);
- Proficiency in scripting (e.g. ActionScript, Python etc.) is desirable.
How to Apply
About the Company
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK.
Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.