Klaus is a feature length animated film from The SPA Studios.
The SPA Studios are using digital tools to reimagine the charm of classical 2d animation blended, with unique cutting edge digital techniques that adds a fresh volumetric look, lighting and texturing that people have to come to expect in family movies.
The SPA Studios is currently looking for a Comp Supervisor. Our precomp artists set up the shots, taking care of all the technical aspects of the setup, like asset resolution, camera movements, 3d integration, multiplane and projections. The role is available immediately and will be based in our studios in Madrid, Spain.
- Lay down a base for the final Compositing department to work from
- Prepare and set up Nuke scenes with 2d and 3d elements, for a 2d workflow
- Collaborate with other departments such as Layout, Ink & Paint, Lighting, and Compositing
- Set up image sizes and formats for the background and layout departments
- Perform technical work in support of shot lighting and comp
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems as they arise
- Match and integrate 3d elements in a 2d environment
- Resolve issues with perspective
- Prepare 3d projections
- Set up and animate 2d, multiplane and 3d cameras
- Pre-comp create all the different elements from which shots are going to be created
- Update shots as new elements and versions get published
- Provide other departments with the needed elements meeting their technical requirements
Skills & Requirements
- 2 years experience with Nuke in 2d films
- Strong technical understanding of Nuke, both in 2d and 3d
- Experience with ToonBoom Harmony is convenient
- Possess excellent understanding of composition and perspective
- Be neat and methodical
- Understand the 2D animation process, including camera mechanics
- Understand editing and film structure
- Have good communication skills
- Have good team-working skills
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
- English is a must. Please bear in mind daily work will be in English, so you must feel confident with the language.
- Relocating to Madrid and right to work a bonus
How to Apply
Please apply via The SPA Studios website
About the Company
The SPA Studios offers the highest quality in Animation, Content & Visual Development, Character Design and Storyboarding. Founded by Sergio Pablos (Director, Screenwriter and Animator), our clients include Netflix, Universal, Blue Sky, Warner and Disney among other intrustry leading companies.
The studio credits include: Despicable me, RIO, Foosbal, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Treasure Planet...and we are currently in production with Netflix’ biggest animation project: KLAUS.