Environment Concept Artist (H/F)
Ubisoft Annecy is looking for a new Environment Concept Artist (M/F) !
Come to join a team in charge of developing AAA games and be a part of the next Ubisoft blockbuster.
Your role will be :
- Understanding and following the art direction of the game and the concept guidelines, in order to make that shine through in memorable concepts
- Producing sketches to help the AD show the preliminary project intentions
- Effectively communicating visual intentions within the World team
- Making any necessary changes to ensure that the work is in keeping with the artistic vision
- Accounting for technical constraints and limitations to suggest realistic concepts
Skills & Requirements
You have a diploma in fine arts or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Concept Art, in the game industry - with experience in working on highly realistic game titles.
You have :
- 2D concepts (3D is a plus)
- Proficiency in Adobe® Photoshop®;
- Architectural and anatomical knowledge
- Knowledge of image composition
- Strong ability to interpret other people's ideas;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to provide and accept feedback and adapt to change;
- Professional written and spoken English;
- Passion and enthusiasm for videogames;
- Knowledge of 3D software is a plus (3DSMax, Z-Brush);
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible, ability to work on site in Annecy, France !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work, portfolio or website via our Ubisoft career website !
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
About the Company
At the heart of the Alps, with over 200,000 inhabitants, Annecy is a gorgeous town surrounded by mountains! Only 30 minutes by car from Geneva and just over an hour from Lyon, Annecy is a beautiful, vibrant town that has something to offer to everybody.
Perfectly located, Ubisoft Annecy was established in 1996, with Rayman® 2 The Great Escape for PS2 accounting for its first project. The studio developed its online and multiplayer expertise among different games, especially on the Tom Clancy’s SP franchise. The studio was then trusted to work and develop The Assassin’s Creed® brand multiplayer before setting the bar even higher on Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag®. Ubisoft Annecy collaborated on Assassin’s Creed® Unity and Assassin’s Creed® Syndicate while contributing to shipping The Crew®. More recently, the team collaborated with Massive Entertainment on the record-breaking new IP Tom Clancy’s The Division®. Simultaneously, the teams worked on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands in association with Ubisoft Paris. For the first time in its lifetime, Ubisoft Annecy is leading its own project with Steep™, in collaboration with Ubisoft Kiev, Ubisoft Belgrade, Ubisoft Montpellier and Ubisoft Pune. Born in the mountains of the French Alps and created by a team of passionate riders, Steep™ is the first open world action sports game.
The game offers a breathtaking experience in the Alps, Alaska and freshly added Japan playgrounds through exhilarating sports such as ski, snowboard, wingsuit, paraglide and more. An ambitious live program is also core to Steep™, including DLC releases and a variety of community activations. The studio collaborated with the IOC and released the first major expansion, Road To The Olympics, which takes the player on a journey to the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games in South Korea.
Ubisoft Annecy is also working with Massive entertainment on the freshly announced Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2.
You want to be part of the team ? Take a look to our job opportunities !