Tech Artist (Mobile Games)
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience working directly with game engines (Unity, Unreal, Frostbite, etc.) to create a wide range of VFX such as fire, smoke, explosions, etc. They would also have a general understanding of good game play visual communications and creating a consistent visual language. Essential skills include a solid grasp of the principles of motion, anticipation, dynamics, follow-through, and other facets of animation as they relate to visual effects. The ideal candidate must also have experience in creating all the textures, geometry, and animations required for stylized and realistic visual effects and expertise in the related tools – Maya/Max, AfterEffects, Photoshop, etc.
The ideal candidate excels in an environment of peers who are passionate making great games.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience creating brilliant, eye catching real-time VFX using Photoshop, Maya/Max, and in-game VFX systems
- Strong grasp of visual design principles used to create stylized, compelling VFX
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- High degree of proficiency with 3D graphics, particle systems, physics, ribbons, shaders, etc.
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines
- Self-motivated, excellent communications skills, and an excellent team-player attitude
- A minimum of 2 years’ creating real-time special VFX for video games
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent type role
- Mobile games development experience
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience creating and using real-time shaders
- 2D or 3D animation experience
- Unity VFX experience
- Strong passion for developing games
- UI/UX VFX experience
How to Apply
Apply Via our website
Cover letter that includes: why are you interested in working for us, and what games are you currently playing?
About the Company
Boss Fight Entertainment is an independent game development studio based in McKinney, Texas. Founded in 2013, Boss Fight’s veteran team has produced some of the industry’s best-selling and most critically acclaimed games for mobile, social, PC, and consoles. These titles include the Age of Empires, Rise of Nations, and Halo Wars franchises, as well as the free-to-play mega-hits CastleVille and FrontierVille. Most recently, Boss Fight’s team developed the hit mobile game Dungeon Boss. Boss Fight’s continuing mission is to bring simple, beautiful and fun game experiences to our players wherever they want to play.