Junior UI Artist
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
The Art Team is seeking a talented UI Artist to join us in creating innovative and industry leading UI. You are a graphic designer who has a passion for clean modern design and a strong understanding of user experience. You know the importance of visual communication and you want to see your designs organically develop into interactive 3D motion graphics.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Report to and work with Senior UI Artist to ensure artistic unity
- Play a key role in 2D and 3D art production using basic modeling and animation to create simple geometry in Maya
- Create UI layouts and flow charts from design documents
- Translate 2D layout/design into 3D elements
- Interface with engineering to implement final art into the game engine
- Ability to take direction well and collaborate with peers
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ year of experience as a UI Artist; ideally for the games industry
- Experience with Maya and Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3D modeling techniques
- Knowledge of keyframe animation and f-curves manipulation
- Technically capable to troubleshoot your work in-game
- Organized and detailed with excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of any scripting language is a plus
- Experience with motion graphics development is a plus
- Passion for sports, ideally basketball, is a plus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.