Technical Artist [Avatar Project]
Our creative technical artists working on James Cameron's world of Avatar is looking for an ambitious addition to the team. You will be responsible for pushing the visual quality and the tech behind our art by supporting and developing cutting edge tools to develop and improve workflow and pipelines for our wider art team.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö, Sweden, and requires working onsite.
- Supporting the character art team on a day-to-day basis with character related tools and proactive suggestions for improvement of workflows
- Maintaining and pushing quality and look of the characters through scalable solutions with a long-term perspective
- Frequent communication with other technical artists, artists, level designers and programmers to understand needs
- Developing shaders, textures and meshes with a focus on dynamic and procedural effects
- Documenting and continuously developing best practices
- Evaluation of rendering and memory cost of character assets
You as a person
An eye for quality and a true focus on how we can push the overall and immersive feel of our game through next level tools, workflows and pipelines is your daily bread and butter. You thrive when you find efficient development solution to a challenge, and that shows in your creative and innovative approach to game development; all with a focus on results and improving efficiency for yourself and your larger team. You always see the larger scope of the development, and proactively come up with creative solutions as how to improve all of our workflows. You're aware that a game is a collaborative endeavor, and you enjoy collaborating with your peers to find the best solutions to the challenge.
Skills & Requirements
- Professional experience working with shaders, i.e. understanding of engine limitations
- In-depth knowledge of the DCC packages
- Working knowledge of rendering technology and real-time engines
- Insight into character art/animation/skinning
- Ideally experience developing AAA games, and an understanding of the workflows and pipelines
- Understanding Python or similar is a bonus
- Experience with console profiling tools is a bonus
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply through our website by clicking the following link: Technical Artist
About the Company
Longing to be part of a fun, creative and passionate workplace? We can offer you this and more in an open and friendly environment where you will work with some of the best craftsmen in the industry. Are you up for it? Come aboard for the ride!
Massive Entertainment is a premier producer of games and interactive entertainment for the global market. The studio is located in Malmö, Sweden and fully owned by Ubisoft Entertainment, the world’s third largest independent video game publisher. We are around 615 people from 47 different countries working together to produce major titles such as World in Conflict, Far Cry 3, Tom Clancy’s The Division and our latest Avatar Project.
We value diversity at Massive and promote a family-friendly culture and a gender-balanced work environment, where equal opportunities play a meaningful role in the day-to-day operations of our studio.
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.