Asset & Outsource Senior Artist
CD PROJEKT RED is looking for talented artist to join our environment team in Warsaw to work on Cyberpunk 2077. As Asset & Outsource Senior Artist you will be responsible for ensuring delivery of the highest quality assets and for smooth cooperation with our outsourcing partners.
Daily responsibilities in a nutshell
- Receiving assets from external partners and reviewing them to ensure expected artistic and technical quality.
- Providing artistic and technical feedback to external partners via documentation and direct communication.
- Integrating approved assets into the game engine.
- Modelling assets which fit the established style of the game.
- Creating original photorealistic textures through the use of various tools and middleware.
- Setting up materials and shaders to achieve the best possible quality.
- Cooperating effectively with other artists and designers and ensuring good practices within internal and external teams.
- Providing the team with clear and transparent progress status regarding the ongoing workflow.
- Maintaining the production pipeline and meeting deadlines.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 4 years of experience working in the video game industry and at least one shipped AAA title.
- Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop as well as one of the leading modelling packages (3DS Max, Maya, etc.).
- Good knowledge of composition, colour theory and lighting.
- Basic knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Experience with procedural content creation packages (Substance, Houdini, World Machine) is a plus.
- Very creative and with an excellent eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent English.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Artists should include portfolio to their application. As a part of recruitment process, a candidate for an Environment Artist is always asked to perform a test.
About the Company
- A chance to work in a passionate and creative environment among other experienced and talented cutscene artists.
- A modern and relaxed studio atmosphere.
- A chance to work in a booming industry, within an international team.
- Private health care (Enel Med, Medicover or Lux Med).
- 24/7 gym for CDPR employees with personal trainer on-site.
- 2 canteens, 5 fully equipped kitchens, fit vending machines and various foodtrucks.
- Fresh fruit twice a week for everyone in the office, a wide choice of tea, fancy coffee machines and 7 types of milk
- Free library with wide range of games and books.
- Many social activities and parties
- From 20 to to 26 days of paid vacation per year.
- Step by step assistance and a ‘Relocation Package’ for new staff willing to relocate to Poland.
- Polish lessons for foreign employees.
Ambitious and independent, we made international big leagues with the globally acclaimed The Witcher series. Over 25 million copies sold and more than a 1000 awards garnered later, we still, and more than ever, believe in gamer-centric video game development and building an honest, bilateral connection with gamers. Our mission is this: we want to deliver bleeding edge, mature role-playing games with a deep focus on storytelling, and we want to wrap them in an honest, good value for money package gamers find worth their hard earned cash. We’d love all games and gamers to be treated like that, and we’re working hard every day to make that happen. We started our journey as a bunch of dreamers in 2002; there are over 500 of us now and we’re still growing and looking for people who can help us pack an even bigger punch. We’re headquartered in Warsaw, Poland, and we have offices in Cracow, Wroclaw and Los Angeles. We’re stock exchange listed, but we never allow this to put any brakes on our creative momentum.