As a Character Artist on our new IP, you will be responsible for creating unique and compelling characters, armors, creatures and weapons at an extremely high level of AAA quality. We’re looking for someone who is an expert sculptor with a solid handle on the latest physically based material workflows, has a strong knowledge of anatomy, and a comprehensive understanding of animation and how it affects geometry. You will work closely with and support the Character Art supervisor to provide the best character art services for multiple projects at NCSoft.
If you’re the kind of person with these skills and who is ready for a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Skills & Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include at least the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Model and texture game ready characters, creatures, armors, and weapons
- Create new variants of existing character assets
- Work closely with the concept, tech art, and animation teams
- Integrate final assets into the game engine
- 1-3 years professional experience as a Character Artist
- Experience with modeling and UVing
- Experience with cleaning up 3D Scans from raw data
- Experience with modeling/sculpting: organic, and hard surface models
- Experience sculpting both realistic and stylized assets
- Experience with retopology and baking
- Experience texturing in Substance Suite
- Ability to match an established art style
- Technical aptitude to learn new tools
- Excellent communication, time-management and organization skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to be able to provide and give critique
- Basic experience in character animation and rigging workflows and techniques
Shipped titles demonstrating experience building compelling character assets for AAA games
- Knowledge in processing and usage of 3D scan data
- Self-Motivated, hard-worker who works well under deadlines
- Strong traditional sculpture, drawing and painting skills
How to Apply
To Apply, please email us email@example.com
- Online demo reel and/or portfolio demonstrating your best work (PDF, website, or artstation)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
*Relocation costs not covered. Applicants must be eligible to work legally in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
About the Company
NCVVS (NCSOFT Visual Vietnam Studio) is a division of NCSOFT, the world’s premier publisher and developer of massively multiplayer online games. Established in 1997 in Seoul, South Korea, NCSOFT quickly became the leader in online games with the successful launch of its flagship product Lineage. Today, NCSOFT is well positioned for continued success in the Asian, North American and European markets by expanding its influence reach throughout the world with excellent products and franchises.
NCSOFT stands out in the gaming industry by sticking to the company's mission of focusing on happiness and fun for everyone. Due to the successful history of creating a diverse catalog of MMO games, NCSOFT has been able to leave an indelible mark in the gaming industry.