Lead Concept Artist - Crucible
Amazon Game Studios is looking for a skilled and creative Lead Concept Artist on our exciting upcoming project Crucible. As Lead Concept Artist you will work with the Art Director and concept artists to create memorable environments and unique and compelling characters that exude personality and style. You will use your artistic expertise in color, composition, shape, atmosphere and visual design to help create an iconic visual style. Your knowledge of environment and character design will provide the foundations which make our world engaging, inspirational and believable.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon technology including Twitch and AWS to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half-Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest and H1Z1
- Providing timely & detailed feedback for concept art team and outsourcing vendors.
- Inspire and mentor team members with quality artwork and work ethic
- Obsessive about look development with a strong visual design process
- Ability to craft production drawings (turnarounds, layouts and isometric views) for characters, creatures, weapons and environments.
- Excellent visual storyteller creating detailed, inventive, and believable worlds
- Effective leader, collaborator, strong communicator, and problem solver able to coordinate with creative internal and external teams.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of professional experience as a concept artist
- Portfolio that demonstrates style range, creativity and craftsmanship
- Worked on 1+ AAA game in a Lead Concept Art role
- Exceptional traditional and digital art skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art or in related field
- Works effectively across all game disciplines
- Able to accurately estimate the time to complete individual assets
- Independently self-motivated, team player with excellent communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
- Strong passion for gaming!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
At Amazon Game Studios, we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. Access to massive computing and communications has fueled massive growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, fans and game developers of all sizes. At Amazon Game Studios, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support multiple games being developed in our Seattle, San Diego, and Irvine studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games.