- Partner with the Creative and Art Directors to design levels to enhance the overall gameplay experience
- Design levels and layout gameplay related elements to match the Creative and Art Director's vision
- Prototype level layouts in the game engine, ensuring the playability of the level
- Play test and iterate on level designs to refine the player experience
- Write design documentation and communicate level designs and prototypes to other disciplines
- Collaborate with designers, artists and engineers to bring the level environments and interactive elements to life
- Partner with Engineers and Technical Artists to improve workflows
*Please note that there is a possibility we offer the position as a contract employee.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years level design experience
- In depth understanding of level design and gameplay theory and practices
- Experience using modern game editors to layout levels and design gameplay scenarios
- Ability to run play tests, collect and action on the feedback
- Self-motivated team-player with great communication skills
- Passion for making and playing games
- 5+ years of level design experience
- Working knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages
- Proficiency with scripting languages
- Japanese language proficiency or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Capcom franchises
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website here:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Work History
About the Company
Changing the future of gaming together.
From Japan to the world.
Capcom is a leading Japanese publisher and developer responsible for creating iconic franchises such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. Since the growth of gaming in the 80s, Capcom continues to produce games that resonate with a global audience and their IP have been wholly integrated in pop culture. The company has left their mark across generations, engaging both new and vintage audiences.
At Capcom, you have the opportunity to work with veterans and passionate teams in the field. Capcom is known for its unique art-style and approaches to game design. As a bonus, you get to live in the historic and vibrant city of Osaka, close to both Kyoto and Nara, the cultural capitals of Japan. Come join us and take up the challenge of building new worlds while expanding your own.
Copyright ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.