JOB TITLE: Concept Artist
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Art Director
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is currently looking for an environment Concept Artist. The ideal candidate will be able to create a wide variety of detailed environment concepts, take direction well, and iterate on ideas in a team atmosphere. To be considered for this role candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio when applying.
What You Will Do:
- Create a range of assets from characters, environments and even props while maintaining the core game vision set by the Art Director and Game Designers
- Sketch explorative thumbnails in 2D and 3D
- Create concepts from early production to final render
- Create quick open line designs that communicate space and form
- Provide feedback through paint overs
- Storyboard creation
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- We are looking for an expert level digital artist with traditional drawing and painting skills. Someone who is passionate about designing environments in an open world game setting. Since is a team effort, someone who flourishes within a collaborative atmosphere would be happiest.
- 3+ years of experience in games
- Degree in Fine Art or related experience
- Hard surface and vehicle design abilities
- Ability to quickly iterate on ideas visually
- Ability to take direction well
- Self-motivated toward solving creative problems
- Understanding of anatomy, creature and character design
- Illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!