Graphic Designer - UK
The successful applicant will apply their Graphic Design skills to the universe of Star Citizen. You will be responsible for coming up with company brands / identities, logos, advertisements, shop front displays and numerous other tasks that help enrich and shape the player’s experience of a living, breathing, believable universe.
- Work within a UI team to create all types of 2D graphical artwork for the world of Star Citizen – posters, advertisements, screens, logos, decals, etc.
- Create corporate ID packages for the various brands and corporations within the Star Citizen universe
- Work with the UI and Art Directors to create and develop designs to be used by the development team
Skills & Requirements
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual / visual ability, and originality
- A strong understanding of brand, colour, and typography
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly
- Proficient with industry leading software and technologies (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop etc.)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Strong understanding of Font creation packages and ability to create your own
Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.