Lead Animator - RPG Team
Playground Games is seeking a Lead Animator who will be responsible for creating a diverse variety of animations needed to realise the vision for an entirely new AAA open world action / RPG project.
You’ll be working with characters, creatures and props and as such we require a motivated professional with a strong eye for detail, a fundamental understanding of game development processes and a passion for video games that matches our own.
Your expertise in the creation of animation will cover a broad range of key areas, including facial, motion capture and keyframe and your developed eye will aid in the breakdown and design of animation focused mechanics. You’re required to be a creative animator and a problem solver, with good knowledge of the technical aspects of your craft, including practical experience with current 3D software such as Maya, 3DsMax and Motionbuilder. As an animator at Playground you’ll also have the opportunity to collaborate with the team on improving the animation and art pipelines.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in a variety of animation styles
- Creative skillset that can adapt to technical requirements
- Strong understanding of human anatomy
- Practical knowledge of current 3D software (Maya, 3DS Max and Motionbuilder)
- Ability to communicate with artists and technical team members
- Experience of creating animation networks
- A strong and diverse portfolio of different animation styles
- A self-motivated team player with good communication skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is currently looking for World-class talent to join a brand new open-World project, set within a genre entirely new to the studio. If you’re the kind of artist who relishes the notion of helping to define compelling universes rich in story and detail, then make sure to check out the available job postings below.
Established in 2010, Playground Games was formed by bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from the UK industry; all with the vision of developing genre-defining titles for a global audience. Since then, Playground has created four critically-acclaimed, award-winning hits in Forza Horizon, Forza Horizon 2, Forza Horizon 3 and Forza Horizon 4 and become a Microsoft first-party studio.