Lead Lighting Artist
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Lead Lighting Artist with a strong understanding of lighting and composition to build upon the work of the other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work. Operating within our multi-discipline art team, you will be leading artists, setting workflows, providing visual benchmarks and mentoring.
You’ll be inspiring the team and setting the map art quality bar while collaborating closely with the Art Director and other sub discipline Art Leads to ensure the maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Translating the Art Director’s vision into achievable scene lighting for both gameplay and cinematics.
- Building a lighting pipeline within the Unreal engine working with Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of creative artists while helping them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Establishing team processes and best practices.
- Coordination and collaboration with the project’s Production team and with other discipline Leads.
- Maintaining performance requirements while ensuring a high quality bar for the game.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and Experience
- Solid Expierence in Games or Film generating final lighting / rendering
- Experience as a Lead Artist on one shipped AAA title
- Experience as a Senior / Lead Artist in building a lighting pipeline in Unreal Engine
- Deep understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine lighting tools
- A solid artistic foundation in the application of tone, colour and composition
- An understanding of cinematography lighting fundamentals
- Awareness of the emotional storytelling that lighting brings to a scene
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints
- Able to provide clear feedback and receive direction with humility
- Competent communication skills
- Passion for game development
- High level of autonomy and initiativetaking
- A critical eye for quality
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.