VFX - Pipeline Developer
Rebellion VFX are opening the doors of our brand new Didcot Film and TV Studios and we are looking for an experienced Pipeline Developer.
With projects based on classic Rebellion IPs, this is an opportunity to be working on some brand new film and TV projects and be one of the first members of the new VFX team.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Didcot Studio. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Skills & Requirements
- Proficient in python and/or C++.
- Excellent knowledge of Houdini and Houdini Digital Asset.
- Experience with common VFX APIs (Maya, Houdini, Nuke, USD, etc).
- Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System development is a plus.
- Prior experience with revision control systems.
- Experience with Shotgun RV
- Experience with Deadline is a plus.
- Experience with colour pipeline is a plus.
- Strong understanding of production processes for film and television is preferable.
- Experience with PyQt or PySide would be helpful
- Developing and supporting tools to accelerate workflow in the production of high quality Visual Effects imagery.
- Participate in the complete VFX pipeline development cycle, from asset management to rendering and compositing.
- Working with artists and supervisors to standardise tools, workflows, and pipeline between different applications particularly for Maya and Houdini.
How to Apply
About the Company
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and VR.
We have studios in Oxford, Liverpool and Warwick in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Didcot Location: Close to Oxford and Reading. Easily commutable by car and train.