Senior Cinematic Artist
SENIOR CINEMATIC ARTIST - MONTRÉAL
In BioShock, narrative moments blend seamlessly and dramatically into captivating gameplay scenarios. Our Cinematic Artist will assemble animations, environment assets, visual effects, and audio – add drama with lighting and player triggering events - culminating into a Swiss-watch of dramatic impact. We are looking for an artist who can masterfully create the narrative first-person moments that exist along a continuum of fully interactive set-pieces in our game.
- Create and implement systemic, in-game, scripted cinematic sequences
- Work with the Narrative and Art teams to visually communicate key story elements
- Use your boundless creativity to diagnose and solve problems
- Act as the bridge between all disciplines to effectively communicate the creative vision and rally your forces to implement it
Skills & Requirements
We are looking for people who have:
- A fantastic eye for onscreen composition of action
- Wes Anderson like precision and panache in your camera positioning and movements
- An impeccable sense of timing for triggering events that unfold to tell stories
- The ability to interpret storyboards and “plus them” with your own creative flourishes
- Experience with Unreal Sequencer or a similar real-time scene assembly tool for games
- A great sense of lighting for dramatic, theatrical effect
- A restless and relentless curiosity; eager to constantly branch out and able to communicate with VFX, Creative Direction, Narrative and Art and Game Design disciplines
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To be considered for this role please provide a link to your reel of in-game cinematics, making sure to include a breakdown of your contributions to the work shown
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
About the Company
Cloud Chamber exists to craft unique, entertaining and thoughtful videogame experiences that engage the world. We are hard at work on the next entry in the critically acclaimed BioShock series from our Novato, CA and Montreal, Quebec studio locations.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. We focus on open communication and overall well-being allowing each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.