Senior Concept Artist [Unannounced Project] (358)
Develop complex artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- Establish the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
- Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
- Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
- Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
- Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
- Effectively communicate complex visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Excellent drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- In-depth Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Solid knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Strong observation and research skills;
- Strong knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Solid digital illustration skills;
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 5 years’ minimum experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Has shipped at least 1 game as a concept artist; preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK.
Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections: https://reflections.ubisoft.com/about/ubisoft-leamington/
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.