Housemarque is looking for a Senior Animator for an unannounced AAA project!
As a Senior Animator your responsibility is to be in charge of the animating, the rigging and the implementing of the animations in the game engine.
We would kindly like to underline, that this position is suitable only for a firmly experienced animator. It is a huge plus, if the applicant would already know what a full modern development cycle demands and doesn’t need to be taught the basics of a modern game animation pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 4 years of experience as an animator in a current generation console or PC game project AND at least one shipped title for any of the following platforms: PS4, XBOX One, Wii U, PC, Switch
- Experience in working or hobbying in any of the major game engines: Unreal 4, Unity, CryEngine, etc.
- Strong skills in at least one major animation software, but experience in Maya is strongly preferred
- Able to rig and skin on a modern game production level
- Art degree (BA, MA, etc.)
- 2D animation skills
- 3D modeling skills
- Mocap experience
- Experience in cutscene related tasks
- Facial rigging and animation experience
- Ability to draw down animation ideas, rough storyboards and thumbnails
- Strong understanding of animal locomotion
- Directing and/or storytelling skills
- Game hobby projects and game jam participations
- Knowledge of other game development skills (T-shaped employee)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
We have a track record of 20+ years of developing critically acclaimed games with tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence. No matter the genre, we want you to continue this tradition. It’s the perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and a big passion for games.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person as well
- Develop games that bring joy and happiness to our gamers and fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland