Senior Animator (FPS)
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Animator for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Animator you will be creating realistic FPS weapon animations, developing your craftsmanship and mentoring your juniors. You enjoy being part of experts at Remedy creating exciting and memorable gameplay that will leave the players wanting more.
Skills & Requirements
- Create high quality industry leading animation content, primarily focusing on realistic key-framed first person weapon animations
Successfully collaborate with Programmers and Designers to enable fast prototyping workflow, secure animation quality and make sure that design guidelines are met as agreed.
Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
Integrate animations into the proprietary engine while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- +5 year of experience as a senior working on AAA titles.
- Solid skills in key frame animation and FPS weapon animations (great sense of weight, timing and strong posing)
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
The ideal candidate will also have
- Hands on experience with contemporary animation pipelines and tools is a PLUS
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your demo reel, CV and other information relevant to the position. The demo reel should demonstrate strong skills with the FPS genre; especially focusing on first person weapon animations.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com