Senior/Lead Concept Artist - SUMO SHEFFIELD
Sumo is looking for highly creative Senior and Lead Concept Artists at their Sheffield studio.
The role is full-time and 100 % based in-house at our Sheffield studio in the UK. Remote or part remote working applications will not be considered.
For the position, we are looking for versatility and rapid iteration; the ideal candidates will be keen to embrace every stylistic challenge, – and will have the kind of over-active imagination that never stops coming up with new ways to interpret a given brief or add an unexpected twist of surprise to every concept that comes their way, always striving to deliver excellent concept pieces as required for a project.
Skills & Requirements
- This position is purely hands-on creation of concept pieces to drive the direction of a project and help communicate the Project Art Director’s stylistic vision throughout the team.
- Responsible for creating and iterating on ideas whilst maintaining the artistic vision of the Project Art Director.
- Maintaining quality and consistency with the other members of the concept team.
- Fast concept and iteration of ideas across all aspects of the brief.
- Able to work in multiple artistic styles.
- High levels of aesthetic ability, judgement and eye for detail.
- Excellent composition, lighting and colour theory skills and appreciation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-initiating, confident approach to their work;
- Keen understanding of cultural influences beyond games; movies, books, TV, comics etc.
- Ideas generation and iteration.
- High quality illustrative pieces.
- Demonstrable talent across all concept disciplines, in particular figurative, environment and object work.
- Shipped at least one AAA title.
- 3D modelling and rendering.
- Experience working in film, TV, publishing.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our website job listing
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruiter Hannah on +44 (0)114 2426766 or email email@example.com
About the Company
Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team spread across four UK Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle and The Chinese Room in Brighton, along with our India studio in Pune. It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo; we are growing across all our studios to support a very bright and busy future.
We have a host of well known partners that we work with including Microsoft, Sega, Sony, Disney and many more. Working alongside them our previous successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform).
Looking down the road we have several exciting but unannounced projects that we are working on (all very hush hush!), but we can share that we are incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform), Project Nova (PC) and Team Sonic Racing (multi-platform).
Here at Sumo we are planning for big things. Don’t miss out. Join us.