Real-Time VFX Artist
Cloud Imperium is looking for a Real-Time VFX Artist of all experience levels. Applicants must be capable of creating high quality Real-Time visual effects for video games. You will be working on the cutting edge of video game development, working closely with our talented art, design and programming teams as you create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
Skills & Requirements
- Work closely with other artists, designers, and programmers to implement the art director’s vision
- Create convincing real-time VFX throughout all stages of the game development process
- Maintain consistently high visual quality across a wide range of effects, from vast space environments to small weapons and everything in between
Optimize effects to run efficiently in-game while maintaining high visual quality
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process (if mid to senior level)
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to break down existing effects in games and films
- Highly self-motivated
- Able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required
- Passion to raise the bar in real-time VFX
- Excellent with real-time particle systems, offline fluid sims (e.g. FumeFX), and 2D Packages (e.g. Photoshop and After Effects)
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Applicants must be eligible to work within the EU
- Willing to relocate to Frankfurt, Germany
- Excellent English communication and written skills
- Experience with Lumberyard
- In-depth knowledge of cutting-edge visual effects practices in the video game and film industries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for video games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our Website
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.