As a FX Artist, you will be responsible for the visual effects of the product.
You will work closely with the Art Lead and Technical Artists to create a vast range of stunning visual effects which play an integral part in bringing the game experience to life.
- Work closely with 3D Art Lead and Technical Artists to create realistic high-resolution visual effects.
- Modelling, texturing, animating, lighting and optimising FX assets.
- Ensure effects are produced in an optimised manner and fitting to performance considerations.
- Understand and adhere to the project art direction.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar and schedule.
- Iterate on existing shaders with Technical Artist to create original visuals.
- Implement feedbacks from Lead Artist and Art Director.
- Implement FX assets effectively into the game engine and review in-game results.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in the creation of high quality, high resolution visual effects in games.
- Experience with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- Experience with game engines (such as Unity or Unreal).
- A minimum of two years working in a similar role within the games industry.
- Strong understating of animation fundamentals such as anticipation and timing.
- An understanding of art and design fundamentals.
- Good communication skills.
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude.
- Strong English skills, both written and verbal.
How to Apply
About the Company
Founded by industry legend Leslie Benzies, we are developing an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world multiplayer game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual.
A mix of experienced AAA veterans whose credits include some of the biggest-selling and most loved games of all time, and talented hungry new blood, we are dedicated to creating a creative environment where the best ideas flourish and everyone is able to contribute their best work and be recognised for it.
We have offices in Edinburgh, Los Angeles, and Budapest.