Rebellion are currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI/UX Designer devoted to building intuitive, cutting-edge user interface experiences for games on all current platforms. The successful applicant will understand the importance of usability and visual communication, be self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time based in-house at our Oxford HQ. We can consider permanent or contract employment but not freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding technical ability and understanding of user interfaces.
Experience of implementing graphical user interfaces, awareness of best selling games and the graphical styles they employ. Some game industry experience is preferred but not essential, print or web-layout experience will also be considered.
Skills & Requirements
- Great knowledge of flow and function of game interfaces, user interface design and game navigation
- Skilled in GUI design and layouts
- Knowledge of game engines and artist tools
- Detail-orientated with a logical, structured approach
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Flash preferred but not essential
- An aesthetic eye with experience of layout, web-design, print or typography would be advantageous
- A genuine interest in playing games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
You can apply here:
About the Company
Rebellion are one of Europe's largest independent game developers working on great games, including some of the top franchises in the world, for top publishers and on a range of formats covering Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and VR.
We have studios in Oxford, Liverpool and Warwick in the United Kingdom, and also publish the legendary 2000AD comic featuring Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper, Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and many more characters.
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Hours: flexible start and finish times
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 3%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction Bonus: £2k or more for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Free Stuff: Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, Autodesk home licence for 3D artists (for personal use only, we actively discourage working from home!), digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 10 minute walk to train station and 20 minute walk to city centre