3D Surface Artist
Klaus is a feature length animated film from The SPA Studios.
The SPA Studios are using digital tools to reimagine the charm of classical 2d animation blended, with unique cutting edge digital techniques that adds a fresh volumetric look, lighting and texturing that people have come to expect in family movies.
The SPA Studios is currently looking for a 3D Surface Artist. This role involves painting textures for the 3D objects and environments, in UV space and Projection space, to integrate these elements within the 2D graphic style of the project. The role is available immediately will be based in our studios in Madrid, Spain.
- Paint textures that seamlessly integrate with the 2D props and environments
- Project environment paintings over geometry and fill in gaps and hidden areas maintaining the style
- Communicate and collaborate with the CG Supervisor, and Modeling and Art teams, to execute the required look
- Work closely with the modelling team to ensure UVs are positioned efficiently
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent 2D Painting skills
- 2 years experience with Photoshop and/or The Foundry's Mari in Film projects
- Previous experience painting textures for film or games and a thorough understanding of the techniques required
- An understanding of 3D projection and experience using Maya
- An understanding of image color space relating to texture painting
- Ability to apply and manage UV’s in Maya
- Have good team-working skills
- Be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Be able to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Show respect for the procedures and requirements of the studio production and pipeline
- Availability to relocate to Madrid is essential.
- A valid EU work Permit is a bonus
- English is a must, as the work will be developed in this language
How to Apply
Please apply via The SPA Studios website
About the Company
The SPA Studios offers the highest quality in Animation, Content & Visual Development, Character Design and Storyboarding. Founded by Sergio Pablos (Director, Screenwriter and Animator), our clients include Netflix, Universal, Blue Sky, Warner and Disney among other intrustry leading companies.
The studio credits include: Despicable me, RIO, Foosbal, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Tarzan, Treasure Planet...and we are currently in production with Netflix’ biggest animation project: KLAUS.