Real-Time VFX Artist - UK
Foundry 42 is looking for Real-Time VFX Artists of all experience levels. Applicants must be capable of creating high quality Real-Time visual effects for video games. You will be working on the cutting edge of video game development, working closely with our talented art, design and programming teams as you create Real-Time visual effects for Science Fiction environments, vehicles and weapons.
Skills & Requirements
- Work Closely with other artists, designers and Programmer to implement Art Director's vision
- Create convincing Real-Time VFX through all stages of the game development process, from conception to completion
- Maintain a consistently high visual quality across a wide range of effects, from vast space environments to small weapons - and everything in between.
- Optimize effects to run efficiently in-game whilst maintaining high visual quality.
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process (if Mid to Senior Level)
- Keen eye for detail and ability to break down existing effects in games and films
- Be highly self-motivated and show initiative
- Be able to rise to challenges and problem solve when required
- Passion to raise the bar in real-time VFX
- Excellent with Real-time particle systems, Offline fluid sims (for example: FumeFX) and 2D packages (fro example: Photoshop and After Effects)
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Experience with Cry Engine
- In-depth knowledge of cutting edge visual effects practices in the video game and film industries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for video games
How to Apply
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.