Working closely with the Art Leads, Designers, Concept, and Environment Artists the Senior Lighting Artist is responsible for lighting visually stunning sets and characters for both in-game and cinematic content.
Successful candidates are able to demonstrate both a strong aesthetic sense for lighting, as well as understanding of how to effectively lead the player through real-time environments and gameplay scenarios. The senior lighting artist is expected to research and adapt to new techniques as they emerge and to propose lighting related improvements to our general art pipeline and proprietary tools and engine technology. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Designers and Environment Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong understanding of color theory and practical lighting concepts
- Solid knowledge of working within a HDR pipeline and tasteful balancing of post process screen effects
- Knowledge of a wide range of game lighting techniques (vertex baking, lightmaps, light probes, dynamic, etc)
- Able to take initial direction and color keys and use interpretive judgment to light gameplay spaces to a high degree of polish and playability
- Demonstrate an understanding of a range of illustrative lighting styles
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving skills
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong traditional art background
- Maya expertise
- Practical lighting, cinematography, or 2d illustration experience
- Detailed technical knowledge of game lighting and material pipeline concepts
Submitted demo reels must include samples of previous work and an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted along with resume featuring references.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and portfolio. Your portfolio should include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted. Please write "Lighting Artist" in the subject line.
For more information visit http://www.readyatdawn.com/careers-main/
About the Company
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of technology, gameplay, art, and story-telling. Our team is growing and we invite you to join one of the preeminent independent video game developers in the world.
The studio is currently in various stages of development on several exciting projects including a new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP and the expansion of the award-winning Echo universe for Oculus Rift through our ongoing partnership with Oculus.
Ready At Dawn Studios® was founded in 2003 by senior members of Naughty Dog® and Blizzard Entertainment® with the goal of creating an independent game studio that makes great games within a fun working environment. We have created three of the best-selling and highest reviewed PSP games of all time in Daxter and God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta and have recently finished the visually stunning The Order: 1886 for the PS4 platform. Ready At Dawn’s technological innovations, its reputation for excellence in artistry and design coupled with experience in developing blockbuster franchises ensure the studio will continue to raise player expectations.