Associate Character Artist
We are looking for an Associate Character Artist to join our growing team in the Los Angeles studio!
- Create highpoly and lowpoly models of characters following concept art or art direction for in-game and cinematic usage with nominal direction from Senior and/or Lead Artists.
- Create efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine/platform constrains.
- Create photorealistic texturing of characters which includes diffuse, normal map, specular, bump)
- Help create tutorials, style guides, and technical guides to help communicate workflow and efficiency knowledge, as well as artistic expertise.
- Work closely with Tech Art and other dependent departments throughout the character production process.
- and such other duties and responsibilities assigned by Cloud Imperium Games reasonably consistent with employee’s skills and experience
Skills & Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop and next gen texturing techniques
- Experience using ZBrush for organic sculpting
- An eye for detail while maintaining efficient model making
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent sense of form
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
This position is offered at our Los Angeles Studio by Cloud Imperium Games LLC.
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.