We are looking for a dynamic and passionate VFX Artist to join our team at Rare. Do you have a passion for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for just making the best games possible?
Working with the respective Art teams and Engineering disciplines, you will be involved in content creation and work collaboratively on innovative features with Technical Artists and Engineers, whilst always searching for ways we can improve.
If you have the skills and passion we are looking for and, most importantly, want to be part of something special, we want to hear from you!
- Create high-quality in-game visual effects that work well with the visual direction of the game whilst staying within frame performance and time constraints.
- Create VFX from concept to completion for different gameplay features and events.
- Work collaboratively with the Art, Design and Engineering disciplines to support and resolve artistic challenges.
Skills & Requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A professional portfolio or VFX blog.
- Prior experience as a VFX Artist.
- Confident knowledge of content creation packages (Houdini, Maya, After Effects etc.)
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
- Time and team management skills to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent artistic ability.
- Eye for quality control and detail.
- Technical understanding with the capacity to learn and utilise new skills quickly.
- Experience with Unreal Engine or equivalent is a plus.
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Rare are part of Xbox Game Studios, Microsoft.
About the Company
An Xbox game studio with a 34-year pedigree, doing what we adore and creating games that players love to keep playing!
Prior to the quintessential pirate adventure game Sea of Thieves which celebrated its first anniversary in March 2019, Rare released titles such as Banjo-Kazooie, Battletoads, Viva Piñata and Perfect Dark, all drawn together in the 30-game compilation Rare Replay to mark our 30th anniversary. As a studio rich in ideas, we're always striving to build games that players will adore and return to time and time again.
We employ around 150 game developers at our custom-built facility in Twycross, in the heart of the English countryside.
As an artist at Rare, you can expect to work alongside some of the most creative and knowledgeable people in the industry. Our artists have significant input into the creation of Rare's iconic games and characters, so why not join us and make your own mark on one of the world's most well-loved studios?