Rogue Company - 2D Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an 2D Artist / Illustrator to join our Rogue Company team at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
We are looking for a skilled artist to help ideate, execute, and bring in on much of our 2D assets. You will have opportunities to unleash your creative energy, work collaboratively with a large team, and be involved with an amazing game dev team. You will be working closely with other artists, mimic multiple artistic styles, make modifications to existing art, and working to maintain a high standard in the company’s 2D presentations. You will create dynamic interesting illustrations with strong composition and colors, featuring both characters, objects and environments. Examples of assets include key art showing off the character’s personality, character portraits for UI, and banner graphics for player’s to show their individuality.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our 2D Artist do:
- Work closely with our Art Director to create visually compelling illustrations to be used in-game and for marketing
- Create multiple sketches based on a single concept or brief
- Creating dynamic illustrations featuring characters, objects, and environments
- Create icons, UI elements and other 2d art needs
- Follow style guides to hit different looks and needs, with painted realism on rendered models being key
- Communicate with the team as work is done
- Integrate the art pieces into game with P4 and UE4
Skills & Requirements
Who we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in crafting 2D artwork for games, film or animation.
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent traditional art skills with a strong grasp of composition, anatomy, color theory, perspective, lighting, environment and characters
- Ability to mimic multiple artistic styles
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and precisely in a fast-paced environment, and keep tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Have a proactive work ethic and desire to learn
- Demonstrated proficiency with popular 2D and 3D applications, such as Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe Photoshop, Painter, etc.
Preferred candidates have:
- Unreal 3 / Unreal 4 experience
- 3D modeling pipeline experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
“Free To Play.” It’s like a four-letter word to gamers – and for good reason. Who wants to get nickle-and-dimed? Who wants to play a game where the “better player” is the one with the bigger pocketbook?
At Hi-Rez Studios, we know there’s a better way. We make Free to Play games that our fans Want to Play. More important, we make Free to Play games that we want to play.
It’s a crazy idea, when you think about it. Giving away games that we spend millions of dollars developing, with the hope that people like them enough to buy costumes. But when you love your games like we do, players can feel it. And they start to love our games too.
We’re proud of the fanbases that have formed around our games. We believe that great games come from great communities – and ours are some of the best.