Lead Game Artist [London]
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking Senior Artist to join our live games team. The ideal candidate will have shipped games, have strong 3D and 2D art skills and have some amount of lead experience.
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
You will join our growing team and work on an exciting game that reaches millions of people every day. You will report to the project Art Director and work closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your skills, professional experience and creative vision will help shape the next generation of King games.
Skills & Requirements
- Highly creative person with a true passion for games
- Experience in the games industry having shipped several titles, mobile game essential
- Extensive experience crafting appealing 3D game assets, additional 2D art skills
- Experience with industry standard tools such as Maya, Zbrush and the Adobe Creative Suit
- Understanding of the art production process for mobile games, from concept to final in game assets
- You are comfortable with and enjoy working in casual art styles
- You proactively deliver artwork taking into account device limitations
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Experience as a lead or a small team, pod, outsource or similar
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty Bonus Points
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimization and implementation
- Skills in crafting high quality 2D artwork
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience building casual and / or mobile games
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Want to Join Our Kingdom?
Please apply in English and don't forget to share your portfolio with us.
About the Company
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Recently, we were acquired by Activision Blizzard – King operates as an independent unit of Activision Blizzard. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. And lots of it. Candy Crush Saga. Pet Rescue Saga. Bubble Witch Saga 2. Paradise Bay. We’re proud of the 200+ titles that carry the King crown. Because our mission has always been, and will always be, to create the games that unlock the player in everyone. No matter where they are, who they are or how much time they have. So if you share our ambition, introduce yourself. - See more at: https://jobs.king.com/about-us#sthash.WAaegDNk.dpuf
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes!
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea or what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players.
The incredible experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all kind of champions - that's why we hire all sorts of talent!
Life at King
We believe that phenomenal gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and allows us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need for refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.