Join our AAA Studio located in Sunny Santa Monica!
We are looking for a Concept Artist to join our team.
- Create a wide variety of high quality character, creature, environment, and weapon concepts that help define the visual style of the game.
- Deliver highly polished concept paintings in a timely manner to be used for production and marketing.
- Rough out level layouts by blocking them out in 3D (using Sketchup, Modo or other software).
- Create reference packages and callout sheets for production art.
- Collaborate with other artists in defining the artistic style of the project.
- Paint over screenshots of rough game geo that incorporate design, materials, lighting, atmosphere, and effects.
- Visually break down prop designs including showing destroyed states, animated parts, and effects.
- Create concepts for standalone visual F/X.
- Create graphic designs to be used both in environments and UI.
- Create storyboards that illustrate the functionality of interactive props.
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry as a concept artist.
- 1+ shipped AAA titles as a concept artist.
- Expert in 2D Software ( Photoshop/Painter/Procreate).
- Experience using 3D software as a part of a concept pipeline (Modo/Maya/Sketchup).
- Ability to quickly put together high quality reference sheets.
- Experience working in a Studio Pipeline.
- Highly creative and skilled in designing both organic and hard surface.
- Strong foundational drawing and painting skills including composition, design, perspective, and color theory.
- M Strong communication skills are a plus.
- Online portfolio. (includes process sketches)
- 4+ years of experience in the games industry as a Concept artist.
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Possesses strong personal time management skills.
- Strong knowledge in major software tools (Photoshop/Modo/Maya/Sketchup).
- Willingness to learn new artistic techniques and software in a production setting.
- Enjoys artistic sharing techniques with other artists
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4 is a plus.
- Proficient in major 3D software packages (Modo/Maya and ZBrush).
- Self-motivated problem solver, ability to work well independently.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply at deviationgames.com
About the Company
We’re Deviation Games. Yes, we’re new, and it’s our mission to make the most engaging, innovative games on the planet. Our founders started this company to develop the types of games they themselves want to play. We are looking to build teams of creative inventors, who learn from each other and work on the leading edge of what is possible in video game creation. www.deviationgames.com