Mid to Senior World Builder - Unreal Engine
We're currently working on an unannounced PC/console title (with an exciting pedigree), and need help bringing the game world to life.
If you love building levels and bringing worlds to life for players, read on!
- Creating interesting, lived-in worlds with clever world building in Unreal Engine.
- Placing environment assets, VFX, lighting, and so on
- Establishing and maintaining technical requirements for environment assets and levels
- Working closely with designers to iterate on and finalize level layouts
- Utilization of 3DS Max or Maya, Photoshop, and other related tools to author environment assets
- Working with art leadership to review, critique and iterate on work
Skills & Requirements
- Familiarity with the usual tools of the trade: modeling tools, game engines, source control, and so on.
- A keen willingness to adapt work as design iterates or evolves
- A do-whatever-it-takes mindset: flexibility to learn and grow to fill the needs of a small team
- Good understanding of how to create believable and visually memorable levels
- Good understanding optimization needs and other technical requirements regarding performance
- 5+ years of experience, demonstrating the above responsibilities in action
- Must be immediately eligible to work in the United States
- Titles shipped using Unreal
- Titles shipped across major platforms
- Affinity to learning new tools and techs
- Proficiency creating hand-painted textures
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply, send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org!
Please note, due to a high volume of applicants we cannot reply to each individually. Only those in consideration for a position will receive a reply. Thank you!
About the Company
Airship is located in sunny, thriving Austin, Texas. If you have experience making games and want to work on compelling, creative multi-platform titles, this might be the place for you.
Some of the benefits we offer:
- Full health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Profit sharing
- Generous PTO
- 401k plan
- Relocation packages
- Office movie lunches
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Work on a small team of experienced devs with a lively atmosphere