Senior Prop Artist
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, in 2019. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
We are seeking a talented Senior Prop Artist to join our team and help make engaging great games. You will be working with multiple disciplines for content creation and environment storytelling for an unannounced AAA title. We are seeking a solid communicator with in-depth knowledge of current high-end real-time asset creation and a forward-looking attitude. Someone with an astute ability for textures, models, and other assets will succeed in this role if you have this experience plus have the mindset and desire for improving workflows than read on and apply.
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others, including vehicles, buildings, plant life, terrain, and modular set environments
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience
- Lead multiple collaboration efforts as they relate to content creation and environmental storytelling
- Actively involved in pushing current and next-gen techniques for asset creation including procedural pipelines
- Actively mentor and provide regular feedback to others on the team and have a genuine interest in their growth
- Collaborate with the in-house Outsource Manager and Environment Lead to generate content for, and provide critical feedback to, external vendors
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of experience making content for games
- Shipped a AAA title that required the creation of a variety of content
- Portfolio showing off your work including examples of natural elements (Rocks, Trees), Hard surface, Organics, and Architecture
- A thorough understanding of Maya/Blender, Zbrush and Substance Painter
- Solid knowledge of current high-end real-time asset creation and a forward-looking attitude for improving workflows
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills
- A keen eye for detail as well as overall composition
- Thrive working in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong technical and artistic problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a pre-vis environment where idea generation and rapid iteration is critical
- Proven ability to be detail-oriented and to work efficiently within a production environment
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience mentoring and growing a team of less experienced artists and maintaining consistency across the entire department
- Knowledge of other modeling packages (Marvelous designer, Modo, Fusion 360, etc.)
- Experience with other procedural software (Substance Designer, Houdini, WorldMachine, Speedtree, etc.)
- Experience in Unreal 4
- Concept or Illustration Experience
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada, last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
CA has built a strong reputation as the go-to co-development partner for AAA action titles, with recent contributions to World of Tanks, Call of Duty, and DOOM. In fact, the highly prolific studio has been the lead developer or co-developer on more than 30 products across 13 different franchises, with combined sales of more than 100 million units. The company’s leadership has taken a calculated, long-term approach to building the business, and is proud of its track record in its first 10 years: profitable every year and never once laying anyone off.
Certain Affinity’s rare exposure to so many top-tier developers, publishers, technologies, and franchises has helped the company build a one of a kind, world-class team and studio ready to take the helm on original game development. The company’s 10-year anniversary marked a significant shift towards lead development, and in addition to continued co-dev work, the company has two full games in development, one licensed IP and one original IP. Certain Affinity is excited to see what the next 10 years hold.