3D Environment Artist
Sigma Studios is seeking a 3D Environment Artist with amazing artistic skills to create spectacular 3d animations. The ideal candidate has experience working within the constraints of real-time engines, shows attention to detail, and can take both artistic and technical direction to achieve the most appropriate solution. A level of technical knowledge combined with strong creative and visual instincts is critical for this position.
This is a virtual freelance remote-work opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and manage digital assets
- Interpret concept art and sketches to create virtual environment and props
- Follow design guidelines, asset naming conventions and other technical constraints
- Prototype and iterate on models and characters based on feedback from team members
- Create textures and UV maps
- Optimize, refine and correct model geometry
- Block out and dress levels in UE4.
- Keep abreast with the latest developments in 3D design, capture and modeling tools and technologies
Skills & Requirements
- A knack for creative, out-of-the-box thinking and an eye for detail
- Exceptional skills with in depth knowledge of layout, and visual design.
- Expert level knowledge of 3D design and animation tools such as 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush etc.
- Ability to take feedback and make changes as required
- Extensive knowledge of character design, rigging, skinning etc.
- Some familiarity with animation techniques
- Good communication skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in UE4, 3D design, and modeling
- Technical diploma in 3D modeling or a degree in fine arts
- Some scripting experience will be an added bonus
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Please submit your application here.