3D Environment Artist
As the environment artist you will work together with the art team and will be responsible for creating high quality, well optimised environmental assets. You will be able to maintain and manage quality assets in a timely manner and have a strong understanding of the art fundamentals and game development pipeline.
- Creating high poly sculpts and well optimised low poly in-game models based on concept art or from reference.
- Create original textures.
- Adhere to technical specifications and naming conventions when creating environmental assets.
- Work closely with the Art Director to ensure a timely completion of your tasks.
- Understand the full development pipeline and will implement finished assets into the game.
- Have an excellent eye for performance and keep the workflow and pipeline optimised.
- Troubleshoot issues to make sure everything is up to standards.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent English communication skills.
- A portfolio reflecting high quality game art.
- A minimum of 1 year game industry experience.
- Well optimised workflow and creating a clean topology.
- Good knowledge of lighting, materials/shaders, composition, colours and a good eye for detail.
- Knowledge of physically based rendering (PBR).
- Maintain and manage professional standard quality in a rapid and timely manner.
- Experience or knowledge of the game development pipeline.
- Able to accept and follow direction of the Art Director.
- Self-motivated and a good team-player, able to collaborate with the full team to ensure a well optimised and quality product.
- Scripting knowledge to speed up the workflow is a plus
- Technical art skills are a plus.
- Level design knowledge is a plus.
- Being able to create professional standard VFX is a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Full-time in-house position
Location: Geel, Belgium
Available as soon as possible
Salary to be defined depending on your profile
Send a CV/Resume and Portfolio (or link) to email@example.com
About the Company
Warcave is a mid-size studio with AAA aspirations based in Belgium. We are a growing team of experienced game developers focusing on our own IPs.
Developer of War Party, a real-time strategy game for PC. Currently working on a new game for PC and Consoles.