SUMMARY OF POSITION
Gunfire Games is looking for an Environment Artist to help us create incredible and breathtaking environments. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of texture creation, shape language, and world building. Required to be a self-starter, must be motivated and willing to work without a lot of supervision.
- Use commercial and proprietary software to create high-quality 3D art assets to fulfill the necessities of the project’s functional, art and technical specifications.
- Understand the requirements and constraints of game design, engine, and platform.
- Take direction in style and technique to match your work to the style of the project.
- Excellent communication skills—you can articulate your process and receive critical feedback.
- You can estimate your tasks with a high degree of accuracy and break down the steps to completion, delivering on time and at the highest quality
Skills & Requirements
- Proficiency with Substance Painter/Designer, Zbrush and 3D Studio Max
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Solid fundamental understanding of artistic principals
- Great eye for composition and worldbuilding
- Willingness to learn commercial and proprietary software
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to asset budgets and management
- Must be currently eligible to work in the USA.
- Experience using Unreal Engine
- Experience with procedural workflows (Substance Designer, Houdini, Etc)
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the job title and your name in the subject line.
About the Company
Gunfire Games is an independent game developer based in Austin, Texas. We are best known for creating leading-edge VR titles including the award-winning Chronos and for our work on the Darksiders franchise. We are currently developing Remnant: From the Ashes along with other exciting unannounced projects. We started the studio because we love what we do: Crafting worlds; building games; it’s our DNA.