This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
343 Industries is looking for a Systems Designer to work on our Sandbox that spans across all of our experiences set in the Halo universe. Our ideal candidate possesses a strong understanding of the theory and craft of combat systems design. This individual is responsible for helping design and finely tune the movement, weapons, and vehicle experiences among a host of other items. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with artists, animators, producers, and others. They have a passion for creating a finely tuned sandbox shooter experience and have an exceptionally high bar for gameplay quality.
Skills & Requirements
- Implement Weapons/Vehicles/Player Abilities from paper design through ship under the guidance of the Lead Weapon/Vehicle/Player Designer.
- Script gameplay capabilities such as weapon functionality, vehicle tuning, and player abilities.
- Work closely with all disciplines, such as 3d art, engineering, animation, fx, audio, and test to ensure cohesive player experience.
- Work closely with engineers to develop and maintain level building functionality.
- Playtest and iterate on content to ensure highest quality.
- Embrace the philosophy that there are multiple effective designs that can fulfill a goal.
- Highly motivated and contributes to a positive working environment.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years working as a developing core mechanics on a first person/third person shooter title
- Deep understanding of gameplay and game design theories and practices
- Proficient in using game editing software such as Unreal, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
- Experience in using a text based scripting language (C#, LUA, UnityScript, etc.)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A love for shooters in general
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!